Specific railway engineering know-how combined with comprehensive methodological competence
Based on a holistic approach, we offer single-source design, simulation and measurement and testing expertise, enabling the efficient implementation of developments, special solutions, adaptations and upgrades in the field of railway and rail vehicle engineering.
Vehicle and frame structures
- Integrated system simulation with component load analysis
- Fatigue strength analyses, stability verification and optimisation in respect of locomotive frames, carriage bodies and bogies
- Acoustic optimisation of rail vehicles
Wheel-rail systems and drive technology
- Fatigue analyses and strength assessments of train wheels and axles
- Dynamic drive train simulation and component engineering
Our expertise and experience are not limited just to vehicle and drive train engineering but also include the railway infrastructure. Thus IBAF is also a trusted partner of system suppliers and their subsuppliers.
- Development and optimisation of switch systems and actuators
- Development of components for overhead catenary/contact line systems
- Dynamic simulation of complex overhead contact line systems
- Noise prediction and abatement for railway facilities